Our Dental Clinic is now in its eleventh year of operation as a volunteer run facility. Apart from one paid managerial staff member, the clinic’s services are provided entirely by volunteer dental personnel (dentists, hygienists, dental assistant, dental students) and members of the community.
General office policies
- We are a non-smoking & drug free facility.
- Any verbal or physical abuse to our staff and/or volunteers will lead to the immediate dismissal of the patient and no further treatment will be provided in our facility.
- Our services are mainly provided on a walk-in basis. Appointments are part of our special considerations and an initial evaluation is done with our patients.
- The Service is provided on a first come – first serve basis. Our clinic reserves the right to provide priority to notorious high level of emergencies, pregnant women and children.
- We are an English-speaking facility (only), therefore patients are asked to communicate in English (verbal & written). It is the patient’s responsibility to bring their own translator during the provision of the service.
General patient intake policy
- Everybody is welcome.
- If the person has coverage (ministry / status), they are asked to bring their IDS - no exceptions are granted.
- Examples of IDs needed: care card number, Indigenous status, parole (ID card & officer’s contact information), interim federal health program (IFHP-UCI#), healthy kids’ program, dental insurances, etc.
- If the person does not have any type of dental coverage, a donation fee will be suggested at the time of the screening (please refer to our internal suggested donation fee schedule).
- Any patient’s need will be evaluated based on our service daily capacity & budgetary limitations.
- We withhold the right to provide any treatment at any time.
We reserve the right to screen our patients and prioritize treatment.
- The dental clinic is operated by a dedicated group of volunteer dentists and supporting staff. Your donations help to keep the dental clinic operating.
Dental Clinic Department Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday and Friday
WALK-IN BASIS from 8:45 AM to 12:30 PM
The clinic will seize the patient daily intake once the max patient capacity has been reached.
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays (8am to 4pm)
Closed for lunch from (12:30 pm - 1:30 pm)
On walk-in bases: dental exams, cancer screening, x-rays, prescriptions, dental fillings, simple dental extractions.
On appointments bases (once initial exam is completed): cleanings, complicated extractions, major surgical treatments, root canals.
“Please contact our front desk by email or VM to book an appointment”
Booking an appointment (over the phone/email)
Patient's contact information will be needed to book an appointment. The information should include:
- Full legal name
- Care card and/or status card information (if handy)
- Phone number(s)
- Email address
- Preferred contact method
Note: For any patient booking an appointment, if two consecutives NO-SHOW are recorded in our system: the office reserves the right to deny any further appointment and the patient will be removed from the waiting list.
FEE SCHEDULE FOR PEOPLE UNDER: Income Assistant, Status, Refugees, Parole
- We bill each of the Government's programs without any exception.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to bring his/her care card number, status card, refugee letter, Parole card with Officer's contact information.
- We won’t be accepting any patient without this information.
- It is the patient's responsibility to cover by donation any outstanding cost for all those treatments, that are not covered under their respective programs (see fee schedule for people without any dental coverage).
- Our office reserves the right to provide any treatment beyond our office capacity and budgetary limitations.
SUGGESTED DONATION FEE SCHEDULE FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT ANY DENTAL COVERAGE
(Cost may vary depending on the degree of difficulty and amount of work)
Donation methods are:
- Cheques issued: under Vancouver Native Health Society – memo: dental clinic donation
- Online – Paypal service and using under the memo section: dental clinic donation. An email confirmation will be asked to proof this type of donation method
A Tax Receipt can be provided upon request during the visit. Please ask our staff for the tax receipt request form.
Please allow between 15 to 30 days to complete this request.
Donations are meant to keep this community service running. Please help us to support our community.
Donation suggested fee schedule:
- $20 for general exam and X-ray (without treatment)
- $5 for every additional X-ray taken
- $20 - $250 for dental extractions depending on the degree of difficulty
- $40 - $150 for dental fillings depending on the degree of difficulty
- $10 dental sealants (SFF)
- $65 - $80 for dental cleaning from 1 – 2 appointments
- $150 root canal for anterior teeth (single root)
- $250 root canal for posterior teeth (multiple roots)
REGADING ROOT CANALS & SURGICAL TREATMENTS:
Not every root canal and surgical treatments are the same, therefore special considerations will be given to extremely complex extractions, re-treatment of root canals, highly complex multiple root canals and apical chronic tooth infections.
Treatments that we don’t provide
- Full Sedation
- Orthodontic treatments
- Prosthodontic treatment (crowns, bridges, dentures, partial dentures)
- Cosmetic treatments (veneers, teeth whitening)
Click HERE for Referal Form (PDF)
Click HERE for Medical History Form (PDF)
455 East Hastings Street Vancouver
BC V6A 1P5
T: (604) 254-9900
F: (604) 254-9980
Click HERE for online Contact Form